Sunday, September 4, 2016

Welcome!






Welcome to Full Moons and Friday Afternoons, an account of the goings-on in my third grade classroom-the good, the bad, the ugly-well, maybe not so much the ugly.  I've been teaching since 1988, but this is the first year I've taught third grade. There will be learning moments, trials, triumphs, and disappointments. 

We teachers do what we do because we love what we do. Three days of chaos, then it hits us.  How could we not have realized it sooner?  We know, without a calendar, when the full moon is nigh. Yet amid the monthly ritual of craziness, we persevere in our quest to nurture and educate.  I want to share my journey through third grade through "Full Moons and Friday Afternoons" 
in hopes that you will be entertained and maybe even be inspired.  


Being new to a grade level means I don't have lots of "stuff", you know, center activities, anchor charts, words for a 3rd grade word wall, etc.... I have been perusing Teachers Pay Teachers and have found some wonderful things to get me started.  I, too, like creating fun things for my students and as we begin new units of study, I will be sharing.  


In the meantime, if you have needs for K-2 math activities, hop on over to my Primary Mathemagic TPT store and check it out. Happy Teaching!

~Gwen







No comments:

Post a Comment